ICF Switzerland Chapter Basel: Virtual event
Applying Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue in Coaching: How we co-construct meaning in dialogue!
Tuesday, 27 October 2020 18.00-20.00
Elfie J. Czerny and Dominik Godat
With Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue (MFD), we can see in detail, moment by moment, how we co-construct meaning in conversations.
What we do:
Join us in this 2-hour session where we explore, with this lens that Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue offers us,
- how we can observe what happens in coaching dialogues moment by moment,
- how we can deliberately co-construct meaning together with our clients,
- what contributes to the story of the client in the dialogue,
- how the concepts we introduce in the dialogue influence the co-construction of meaning,
- what answers our answering spectrums allows, and
- how we can optimize our coaching practice with Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue.
How we do it:
- We go through parts of a video recording of a real coaching session and observe together how our questions, formulations, generic listeners responses, and more contribute to the co-construction of meaning in dialogues.
- We talk about specific choices we have in a dialogue and how what we choose influences the story that the client tells us.
- We explore how our assumptions show up in a coaching session and explore how this influences the dialogue.
What we hope for: That you get
- inspired to see how you can apply elements of Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue to your own coaching conversations,
- excited to explore this interactional view in your next coaching sessions, and
- curious to see how this interactional view might influence your coaching practice.
Benefits for the participants
- Develop active listening
- How to create a resonance with the client
- Raise the client’s awareness
- Create a partnership to design actions
• Meeting ethical guidelines and professional standards
• Creating awareness
• Direct communication
• Managing progress and accountability
• Coaching presence
• Powerful questioning
• Other: Deliberate listening, co-construction of meaning,
Elfie J. Czerny & Dominik Godat are solution-focused practitioners, authors, trainers, and founders of SF on Tour and the Center for Solution Focused Leadership and Conversations in Switzerland. They host the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and are passionate about bringing more meaningful dialogues into the world. In the last few years they developed integrated Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue concepts and trainings that help to apply and optimize your coaching practice. In 2018 Elfie & Dominik together with their daughter received the Steve de Shazer memorial award of the SFBTA for innovations in Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Credentialed coaches will receive 2 CCEUs for participation.
Tuesday, 27th October, 18.00 – 20.00
ICF Switzerland members: 0 CHF
ICF global members: 10 CHF
Non members/ guests: 20 CHF
Christiane Kosub, PCC, Chapter Leader