ICF Switzerland Chapter Basel: FREE Virtual event
3 experiments in the art of a beautiful solutions-focused conversation (with live jazz!)
Thursday, 20 August 2020 18.00-19.30
Alex will lead a series of live interactive experiments, involving jazz musicians and all of the participants, to give everybody a range of fascinating insights into ways of enhancing the art of conversation. With Alex at the piano, and a mystery jazz guest on saxophone, Alex will take us on a journey into the mindsets, behaviours and skills of improvising jazz musicians, to provide new and fresh insights into listening, judgement, dealing with uncertainty, energy, connection, letting go, breaking habits, creativity, curiosity and experimentation. The aim is to dig deeply into the art of conducting a beautiful solutions-focused conversation.
The workshop will be a mix of live music, interactions, discussions, breakout groups, personal reflection, deep thinking and lots of fun! At the end of the session, we hope you will have a new set of ideas which you can immediately put into action, which help us reflect on what it means to be a brilliant coach, and an incredible human being.
Benefits for the participants
- To gain fresh and novel insights into the art of conversation and coaching (with a focus on skills, behaviours and mindsets demonstrated by improvising jazz musicians)
- To provide specific insights into the approach of solutions focused coaching
- To provide a toolbox of practical ideas, methods and models, which can be utilised immediately by all of the participants
- To engender a deep sense of curiosity and a culture of experimentation for all of the participants
- To enable all of the participants to reflect on their own practices as coaches, and to look for opportunities to enhance their skills
Alex Steele is an organisational development consultant, academic and coach by day, and a professional jazz pianist by night. He works with leading business schools and organisations throughout the world, and he is well known for his work which blends leading edge thinking and practices in leadership, organisational change and innovation, with the art of improvisation.
He is the Founding Director of Improwise, an organisation supporting leadership development, change management, transformational learning, sustainability and community development projects throughout the world. Alex currently contributes to international development programmes in Uganda, Kenya, Bangladesh, Venezuela and Colombia, focused on community development, women’s empowerment, entrepreneurship, solutions focused coaching, and sustainable development.
The training is considered Resource Development.
As ICF credentialed coach you will get 1.5 CCEUs for resource development.
Christiane Kosub, PCC, Chapter Leader