Associate Board Members
Thank you for your interest in being an Associate Board Member. Details of the role, job description and application are found below.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ALL ASSOCIATE BOARD MEMBERS
Board Purpose and Scope
ICF Switzerland is a Charter Chapter of the International Coaching Federation. It is a professional membership association.
The Board leads ICF Switzerland to achieve the vision and mission of the International Coaching Federation in Switzerland in collaboration with the Chapter Leaders and other volunteers.
The ICF Vision
Coaching is an integral part of a thriving society and every ICF Member represents the highest quality of professional coaching
The ICF Mission
ICF exists to lead the global advancement of the coaching profession.
ICF Switzerland has a responsibility to its members to:
- Raise awareness of professional coaching and the ICF
- Provide opportunities for learning and development
- Support members to achieve ICF credentials
- Offer opportunities for networking and connecting
- Provide accurate and timely information
- Manage the business of ICF Switzerland in a professional manner in line with ICF values
Core Values of the ICF
Integrity & Excellence & Collaboration & Respect
Term of Office
The term of appointment is for minimum of one year (12 months). Associate Board Members continue this role for up to two further years; that is, a maximum of three consecutive years.
This is a volunteer post. The ICF Switzerland Associate Board Members are responsible for supporting the following:
- Uphold the Vision, Mission and Values of the International Coach Federation, and represent these in Switzerland.
- Supporting ICF Switzerland pursues its objectives and applies its resources in pursuit of those aims.
- Uphold and model high standards of coaching and ethics to members and the coaching profession coaching at large; act as an ambassador for the ICF; and safeguard its good name and interests.
- Commit to actively contribute and delivery in the role
Overall the time commitment is an average of 3-5 hours a week.
- Current member of ICF Switzerland
- Current ICF credential holder ACC; PCC or MCC or on track to their credential within 6 months
- Practicing coach is recommended
Prior active involvement with ICF and understanding of its Vision, Mission and Purpose is desirable
Core Competencies for Associate Board Members
- Commitment to the Code of Ethics, values and vision of the ICF globally and of ICF Switzerland
- Commitment to developing knowledge and understanding of our membership and our work
- Good written and oral English communication skills; command of additional language skills in French, German and / or Italian is a plus
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team
- Capacity, resilience and tenacity; ability to balance competing demands
- Competence in the specific area of the role
Benefits Associate Board members say they enjoy
- The opportunity to contribute to ICF Switzerland
- Playing an active role within the Swiss ICF community as part of a motivated team, shaping and growing professional coaching in Switzerland
- Opportunities to connect with ICF members and other organisations in the coaching market in Switzerland
- The opportunity to use and further develop existing skills as well as grow new leadership skills and understanding in support of the development of ICF Switzerland
- Training in hosting virtual meetings and webinars
These are new roles and you will work with the relevant Board Director to create and set up these roles. Some of these duties may already be already undertaken by the Director so they will pass over the tasks and provide you with the relevant guidance and support to be successful. The Specific job description for each role can be found here: