Chapter Leader /Co-Chapter Leader Suisse Romande
Thank you for your interest in being a Chapter Leader. Details of the role, job description and application are found below.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ALL CHAPTER LEADERS
Purpose and Scope
ICF Switzerland is a Charter Chapter of the International Coaching Federation. It is a professional membership association.
The Board leads ICF Switzerland to achieve the vision and mission of the International Coaching Federation in Switzerland in collaboration with the Chapter Leaders and other volunteers.
The ICF Vision
Coaching is an integral part of a thriving society and every ICF Member represents the highest quality of professional coaching
The ICF Mission
ICF exists to lead the global advancement of the coaching profession.
ICF Switzerland has a responsibility to its members to:
- Raise awareness of professional coaching and the ICF
- Provide opportunities for learning and development
- Support members to achieve ICF credentials
- Offer opportunities for networking and connecting
- Provide accurate and timely information
- Manage the business of ICF Switzerland in a professional manner in line with ICF values
Core Values of the ICF
Integrity & Excellence & Collaboration & Respect
Term of Office
Each Chapter Leaders term of appointment is for two years (24 months). Chapter Leaders may extend their term for up to a maximum period of four consecutive years.
This is a volunteer post. The ICF Switzerland Chapter Leaders are responsible for supporting the following:
- Uphold the Vision, Mission and Values of the International Coach Federation, and represent these in Switzerland.
- Supporting ICF Switzerland pursues its objectives and applies its resources in pursuit of those aims.
- Uphold and model high standards of coaching and ethics to members and the coaching profession coaching at large; act as an ambassador for the ICF; and safeguard its good name and interests.
- Actively support and contribute to ensure the delivery of ICF Switzerland goals and objectives
- Comply with the Code of Conduct for ICF Volunteers and act in the best interests of ICF Switzerland at all times, declaring any potential conflicts of interests and taking appropriate action. Uphold and model high standards of coaching and ethics to members and the coaching profession coaching at large; act as an ambassador for the ICF; and safeguard its good name and interests.
- Commit to actively contribute and delivery in the role
The success of the Chapters depends on everyone playing their part in the local team with support from the board. There is operational as well as strategic work. Overall the time commitment is an average of 4-6 hours a week. This includes attending two leadership meetings with the board a year - virtually or in person as well as the active participation on ICF Switzerland committees and special project groups.
- Current member of ICF Switzerland
- Current ICF credential holder ACC; PCC or MCC or on track to their credential within 6 months
- Experienced practicing coach
- Some Leadership experience is recommended
- Prior active involvement with ICF and understanding of its Vision, Mission and Purpose is a must
Core Competencies for Chapter Leaders
- Commitment to the Code of Ethics, values and vision of the ICF globally and of ICF Switzerland
- Commitment to developing knowledge and understanding of our membership and our work
- Ability and experience of leading and motivating a team
- Good written and oral English communication skills; command of additional language skills in French, German and / or Italian is a plus
Benefits Chapter Leaders say they enjoy
- Opportunity to develop through learning, sharing and contributing with your peers
- Create great networking and visibility within the local chapter area
- Contribute actively in enhancing the ICF competencies and professionalism to our growing profession
- Collaborate with other chapters helping to advance the Art, Science and Practice of Professional Coaching – through innovative ideas for chapter events
- Gain experience and network with the ICFS Board members and potentially be elected to ICFS Board
- Leadership exposure
- Free entry to all ICF Chapter events in Switzerland
The specific job description for the role can be found here: