Thank you for your interest in being a board member. Details of the role, job description and application are found below.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ALL BOARD MEMBERS
Board Purpose and Scope
ICF Switzerland is a Charter Chapter of the International Coaching Federation. It is a professional membership association.
The Board leads ICF Switzerland to achieve the vision and mission of the International Coaching Federation in Switzerland in collaboration with the Chapter Leaders and other volunteers.
The ICF Vision
Coaching is an integral part of a thriving society and every ICF Member represents the highest quality of professional coaching
The ICF Mission
ICF exists to lead the global advancement of the coaching profession.
ICF Switzerland has a responsibility to its members to:
- Raise awareness of professional coaching and the ICF
- Provide opportunities for learning and development
- Support members to achieve ICF credentials
- Offer opportunities for networking and connecting
- Provide accurate and timely information
- Manage the business of ICF Switzerland in a professional manner in line with ICF values
Core Values of the ICF
Integrity & Excellence & Collaboration & Respect
Term of Office
Each Board Director’s term of appointment is for two years (24 months). Board Members may apply for re-election, for up to one further term of two years; that is, a maximum of four consecutive years.
This is a volunteer post. The ICF Switzerland Board Members are individual and collectively responsibility for the decisions and work of the Board.
- Uphold the Vision, Mission and Values of the International Coach Federation, and represent these in Switzerland.
- Ensure that the ICF Switzerland complies with our statutory governance documents, the ICF Switzerland By-Laws, and legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the ICF Switzerland pursues its objectives and applies its resources and exercises its powers exclusively in pursuit of those aims.
- Uphold and model high standards of coaching and ethics to members and the coaching profession coaching at large; act as an ambassador for the ICF; and safeguard its good name and interests.
- Help ensure that the Board determines the overall direction and development of ICF Switzerland through good governance and strategic planning.
- Actively contribute to the work of the Board and to project delivery.
- Exercise reasonable skill and care in managing the affairs of ICF Switzerland, bringing to bear personal capabilities and expertise to take forward the operation and develop activities.
- Comply with the Code of Conduct ICF Core Team and act in the best interests of ICF Switzerland at all times, declaring any potential conflicts of interests and taking appropriate action.
The success of the Board depends on everyone playing their part in the team. There is operational as well as strategic work. Overall the time commitment is an average of 6-8 hours a week. This includes attending four board meetings a year - virtually or in person. All Board members are encouraged to support additional events, including exhibitions and promotional events.
- Current member of ICF Switzerland
- Current ICF credential holder ACC; PCC or MCC or on track to their credential within 6 months
- Practicing coach is recommended
- Experience in participating, collaborating and/or contributing to regional and/or global discussions in relation to the ICF and the coaching profession is recommended
Core Competencies for Board Members
- Commitment to the Code of Ethics, values and vision of the ICF globally and of ICF Switzerland
- Commitment to developing knowledge and understanding of our membership and our work
- Good written and oral English communication skills; command of additional language skills in French, German and / or Italian is a plus
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team
- Capacity, resilience and tenacity; ability to balance competing demands
- Competence in the specific area of the role
Benefits Associate Board members say they enjoy
- The opportunity to contribute to ICF Switzerland
- Playing an active role within the Swiss ICF community as part of a motivated team, shaping and growing professional coaching in Switzerland
- Opportunities to connect with ICF members and other organisations in the coaching market in Switzerland
- The opportunity to use and further develop existing skills as well as grow new leadership skills and understanding in support of the development of ICF Switzerland
- Training in hosting virtual meetings and webinars
The Specific job description for each role can be found here. The description outlines the full duties of the role that will be accomplished with the support of the relevant committee. This is the future end state and your role will be to make progress toward this end goal.