Training and Certification
Coach specific training and obtaining an ICF credential are key elements to being recognized as a professional coach within ICF. ICF Switzerland provides many opportunities for the on-going development of coaches through chapter meetings that are specifically aimed at enhancing ICF core competencies, peer coaching circles, and other programs.
The professional development of a coach is an on-going journey that includes:
- Attending a coach specific training program
- Developing your coaching skills around ICF core competencies
- Adhering to the ICF code of ethics
- Building your coaching practice to demonstrate coaching experience
- Obtaining one of the 3 ICF credentials (ACC, PCC or MCC)
In order to ensure and maintain a high standard for the coaching profession ICF puts special emphasis on training and accreditation of professional coaches. ICF introduced the ICF Credentialing Program which also includes ICF accreditated coach training programmes.
Complete information about the ICF Credentialing Program including individual credentials and Coach Training Program credentials is listed in the section of ICF Credentials.